Monday, January 11, 2010

A Bit of Bondage

He gripped her wrists and pushed her against the wall. She again felt
that strange urge to fight against his unshakable hold. The urge felt
stronger than before. She wanted to give free reign to her confused
emotions: fear, frustration, desire, passion, love. She looked into Ryan’s
eyes and saw that he understood what she had only just realized. What
he’d said at the lake was true. She wanted to be supported. She wanted
desperately to know that he was strong enough to contain her when she
couldn’t contain herself. And couldn’t bear it if he wasn’t.


Maybe this is just my fantasy, but the appeal of bondage for me (ahem, in my stories only of course) is the experience of being out of control but still being safe. Safe because someone else has taken control and responsibility. I enjoyed exploring this idea in my story Players, and using it as a vehicle for Mishon to test Ryan's ability to emotionally support her. Reminds me of the Sheryl Crow song 'Are You Strong Enough To Be My Man?'

So, readers, do you enjoy a little bondage in your erotic romance? Any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment