Thursday, August 13, 2009

Contemporary Story Inspired By Uncommon Experience.

All authors are inspired by life experiences. For me, as a primarily scifi/fantasy erotic romance author, there is usually a very health dose of my own imagine. Small pieces my stories are inspired by my experiences but not huge chunks. So writing my upcoming contemporary release 'Players' was quite a different experience for me. The premise, a pick up artist and a femme fatale locked in an erotic game to out play each one, is one I never would have come up with if I hadn't been introduced to the world of pick up artists and players through a friend. Well, I suppose he was more than a friend! *Blushes* Anyway, I'm very pleased with this story because it's so different than what I usually write, and yet, in a way, more of me is in it. Below is an excerpt. Hope you enjoy it!



Players

He flashed a charming smile then hung his head. “Heather, I’m crushed you think so poorly of the male gender.” Then he looked up at her, hopeful. “How can I improve your opinion of us?”

The blonde glanced at Mishon a bit nervously. “Is he always like this?”

Mishon took another sip of wine and tried to appear casual. “Not really. This is something new.” Ryan gave her a slow flirtatious smile. His blue eyes held a careless gleam.“Happy you noticed, Mishon.” His manicured hand was careful not to ruin the gelled spikes in his blonde hair as he swept a stray strand behind his ear. She wondered that the action didn’t strike her as prissy. Quite the contrary, his new urban chic look made him seem worldly and sophisticated. And the new found confidence that came with it had a hint of danger. Sexy. Just the type of man she was attracted to. Just the type of man Ryan had never been…until now.

Mishon, used to him being completely enamored with her, was not about to let him know the tables had turned. She regarded him calmly as she addressed their waitress. “Ryan and I have been friends since college, and in ten years I’ve never seen this side of him.” She smirked at him. “Seems he has taken himself a course in attracting babes.” And I’m his final, she suddenly realized. The notion both angered and intrigued her. Going head to head with Ryan the Player sounded like the kind of challenge she loved. Who could keep the upper hand and remain in control. But this wasn’t the kind of game she usually played with friends. Not with people she was close to.

He retained his composure and casually sipped from his wine glass. He turned that flirtatious smile on the other woman. “Not in attracting women.” He stressed the word women as if offended that she had used the term babes. “In being attractive to women. There’s a difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment